The Boy and Boat

The Boy and Boat sculpture by Lydia Karpinska, standing at the junction of the High Street and King Street.

Ray Mill Island

Access to Ray Mill Island is from Ray Mead Road and across the road bridge at Boulters Lock. Walk past Boulters Restaurant and cross the pedestrian bridge onto the island. The Island’s name dates from when the Ray family managed a flourmill here. The site was acquired by Maidenhead Borough Council in 1950 from the…