St Luke’s church is one of five Anglican churches in Maidenhead, whose roots go back as far as 1865. The spire was put up in 1894.
The church was consecrated on 16th April 1850 by the Rt. Rev. Samual Wilberforce, Bishop of Reading.
St Mary’s Church can be found tucked away at the bottom of the High Street, at the rear of Hinds Meadow car park and The Bear pub.
Maidenhead United Reformed Church has origins back into 1662, when the Rector of Henley left his living as a result of the Act of Uniformity
St. Luke’s Church is a mid-Victorian building, just north of the centre of Maidenhead.
The opening ceremony was performed by the Bishop of Portsmouth, the Right Rev Dr Virtue, on 18th December 1884.
Some lovely views of St. Peter’s Church in Furze Platt, bathed in sun.